Pages

Saturday 22 June 2013

Leaving Cardiff Sucks!

Hiya Peeps!

So after three of the most crazy years of my life, today I packed my things and left my house in Cardiff for the last time. I'll be honest with you, for the longest time this is something I thought I'd be completely ecstatic about but leaving today has sort of killed me. My third year at Uni wasn't really the same as my first and second. I got quite tired of the work, the living in student housing and my anxiety also got pretty bad. When it got to Christmas of my final year, I couldn't wait for it all to be over. I couldn't handle the stresses of being a 3rd year student and I was gradually crumbling under the pressure. I definitely couldn't have got through my final year without the support of some amazing friends and lecturers.

It wasn't all bad though. In my final year, the relationships I'd already built got a lot stronger, and I became closer to a huge bunch of new people. Towards the end of the year, my panic attacks became less frequent and I really started to have much more fun! As you'll have probably read in some of my previous blogs, I had an amazing time on Exposure TV and it was such a learning curve for me. I became a lot more confident in myself and realised I could achieve things if I really put my mind to it. Uni got a lot better for me towards the end of the year which I suppose has made leaving a lot tougher than I'd expected. I spent an amazing four weeks doing an internship at a Social Media agency and spent most of my evenings hanging out with friends watching movies, playing parlour games or going to pub quizzes.

I've met some incredible people at Uni, and that's what I'm going to miss the most. Knowing that everyone lives pretty far away from me means that I definitely won't see them as often as I'd like to and it's going to be really hard to adjust to not having them around. 
My mum told me before I went to Uni that the friends I make there will be my friends for life and she was right. I've been really lucky to meet the people that I have, and I hope they stick around for a really long time!

So really I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who has made my three years at Uni so incredible. I know I've probably moaned to each and everyone of you about it, but I'm so upset that it's over and I can't wait to see everyone at Graduation and have a hugeeee party! 

So for now, take care, stay beautiful and dream big. 
Thank you so much for reading; all the love in the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment